Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2021, 20:49   #6069
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Another puerile comment instead of entering into a discussion.

Of course it is appropriate to vaccinate. You seem to suggest that someone has indicated the opposite.

I am pretty confident that restrictions will be ended from 19 July and the new Health Secretary has confirmed that today. We will still have restrictions on overseas travel and the track and trace will still be in place, but all the mask wearing and social distancing nonsense will be at an end, allowing businesses to operate normally.
As I’ve said before your optimism has failed you to date and there is no evidence that it will go the other way this time.

It’s not puerile to point out that for some of the “we could do no better” brigade the positive outcomes New Zealand and Australia have seen in both health and economic terms are a challenge. So for one, or both, to fail would be vindication for an argument that has been wrong to date.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You have twisted my comments to suit yourself and used new information available at a later date which we did not know when comments were originally made, one example being the Kent variant, which was far more infectious and took everyone by surprise.

It’s so easy being Mr Hindsight.
It is easy being Mr Hingsight but I’m sure you’ll find my projections about inevitability of lockdowns, school closures, etc predate these events being Government policy.