View Single Post
Old 20-01-2005, 13:28   #10
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star
Re: No Live Update - Since router

And I have Zonealarm ( latest version ) and no issues, it works well with Avast! Home which works fine, with sp2 and without.

I moved from Nortons because of such issues, it wont do alot of things I wanted it to do. But the biggest thing which bugged me was the sheer amount of resources it takes on bootup and tasks it has running in background, and rather dubious worrying connections via ftp and http it tries to access.

Also the most annoying was the AV Nortons finding a virus and refuseing to let me click ok and shut down and boot into safe mode, by constantly going virus alert click ok to continue.. forcing me to hardboot the computer and then go into safe mode to do it myself.

Avast! just moves to chest, i delete job done. And if it needs safe mode it tells me and boots into it.

Personally I say dump Nortons its made for new users who aint famiilair to the internet and its troubles and programs, and for shops like PCworld to make money.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote