Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2016, 00:23   #60
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

Is this accurate?

The new Star Trek series coming out on CBS All Access.

From
Quote:
As much as I want it to work, I don't really see people paying per month just to watch that show, and Star Trek fans probably aren't interested in anything else they're offering. So the ratings will suck in the U.S.

The best hope is that it gets licensed to Netflix, like it is in the rest of the world.
If true and it's exclusive in the US to a separate paid subscription then he has a point, ratings won't be huge. We'll likely get it via something else of course but if it tanks in the US then it'll have a knock on effect here.

An American's glum opinion on it:
Quote:
CBS All-access will be a complete failure. $6 a month for a single channel's content is a ridiculous price. They should have joined Hulu when they had the chance, using a geek centric show to try and anchor this service only shows how stupid and out of touch they are.

Hopefully the execs behind the streaming service are fired before Star Trek gets cancelled and it can either be put on air or moved to another service.
I love Netflix and Prime Video but these American ones HBO's and CBS are the start of something stupid and costly for the rest of us. If it comes off you can bet your ass, BBC will start a version of it and other UK broadcasters will follow suit. Are we moving towards the point of paying separate sub's now for different channels. Netflix and Prime are well worth the money for value vs content. These spin offs really aren't though and need shot down before they lift off. I'm happy with the BBC content on Netflix, if they played this card I wouldn't be caught dead paying them for it whilst maintaining the platform they removed it from.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 27-08-2016 at 00:31.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote