View Single Post
Old 24-07-2022, 19:40   #1795
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Paul didn’t say that, Richard.
He didn't, that's why i'm asking.

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Funny you mention transgender as that is another clusterfluck in sports. It might not matter so much in pro wrestling but in mixed martial arts for example a transgender woman can have a huge advantage due to muscle mass and the general differences between men and woman.

Its not fair to allow someone who has transitioned and who can potentially do so much more damage to a woman because of this. But some are arguing for it due to inclusivity and the usual arguments. We don't pair up men and women in boxing, martial arts or other sports because of physiology reasons and doing so with someone who has transitioned is not right.

An opinion to some, offensive to others, illegal troll comments if certain laws got through? :P

I have no issue of people transitioning or getting in the body they genuinely feel they should have been born in. Or them doing any job they want, as long as it makes sense, unlike the martial arts stuff. Incidentally, I find the voice of a transitioned guy on tv really jarring. Does stuff like abandoned megastructures and stuff. No matter how much I hear him I can't get used to it. But I don't particularly think he shouldn't do the job. Some womens voice overs on wildlife documentaries are much worse in comparison :P

As for disabled fighters, there was a UFC fighter who was deaf. No massive issues from him except the ref had to keep in mind he couldn't use verbal commands to him. I remember a fighter who was an arm amputee and he was allowed to fight but the obvious happened. As he got better opponents he got battered because of the major disadvantage he had. Not seen him for ages so assume he doesn't fight any more.

This is Rosie Jones on one of the times she is more understandable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKkMZz1Uxgk
The transgender issue is a very complicated minefield; it's caused lots of arguments, partly for the reasons that you give.

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Well I must admit I was no fan of Peter Sutcliffe and that was because his illness made him an evil man, so I suppose the reason I didn't like him was because of his disability. I never met him (unlike my late father in-law who worked with him and didn't like him because "he wasn't normal"), but if I'd been offered the chance I would have declined because I didn't like him. So yes I would have told him and would have excluded him.
Sounds like you didn't dislike him because he was disabled, but because of the terrible crimes that arose as a result of his disability.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote