View Single Post
Old 24-07-2022, 20:10   #1793
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I don’t know the cerebral palsy kid but with the best will in the world, he was not going to look reasonably intimidating in a “fight”.

Anyway the promotion (which also has a number of transgender wrestlers on its general roster, good on them for that) made a big thing about training this kid, I commented on the FB post saying it would make the wrestling business even harder to take seriously (I’m a Jim Cornette guy, for those who catch my drift) and within a few minutes the post was removed, an hour later the promoter called me to say he was no longer going to use me as a ring announcer or referee.

I’m not saying physically disabled people should automatically have doors closed to them. But limitations must always be respected.

I don’t know Rosie Jones but if she’s a crap comedian or her limitations affect her ability to communicate humour then I’m not going to enjoy her work.
Funny you mention transgender as that is another clusterfluck in sports. It might not matter so much in pro wrestling but in mixed martial arts for example a transgender woman can have a huge advantage due to muscle mass and the general differences between men and woman.

Its not fair to allow someone who has transitioned and who can potentially do so much more damage to a woman because of this. But some are arguing for it due to inclusivity and the usual arguments. We don't pair up men and women in boxing, martial arts or other sports because of physiology reasons and doing so with someone who has transitioned is not right.

An opinion to some, offensive to others, illegal troll comments if certain laws got through? :P

I have no issue of people transitioning or getting in the body they genuinely feel they should have been born in. Or them doing any job they want, as long as it makes sense, unlike the martial arts stuff. Incidentally, I find the voice of a transitioned guy on tv really jarring. Does stuff like abandoned megastructures and stuff. No matter how much I hear him I can't get used to it. But I don't particularly think he shouldn't do the job. Some womens voice overs on wildlife documentaries are much worse in comparison :P

As for disabled fighters, there was a UFC fighter who was deaf. No massive issues from him except the ref had to keep in mind he couldn't use verbal commands to him. I remember a fighter who was an arm amputee and he was allowed to fight but the obvious happened. As he got better opponents he got battered because of the major disadvantage he had. Not seen him for ages so assume he doesn't fight any more.

This is Rosie Jones on one of the times she is more understandable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKkMZz1Uxgk
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote