View Single Post
Old 24-07-2022, 09:42   #1787
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Depends on the context. Is it really wrong that I can't stand listening to her voice, too shouty and too slow which makes it really annoying for me. She's not funny either, because she's too slow to tell a joke as you get the punchline before she's able to say it. As a person, I don't know her. As a comedian, she's not funny. It's not like I'm against her or complain as I have a choice to watch her or turn over the channel.

Is it right that half the channels on Virgin Media do not carry subtitles? Is that acceptable or down right discriminating for people that are deaf?
Ofcom only require channels who can afford it to carry subtitles, their reasoning being that to force the poorer channels the added expense of having to have added assessibility services could make them financially unviable and they could close altogether.

Some do more subtitling than they are required to, like Channel 4 (let's see if this continues after privatisation) and some not required to do them at all do so, like Talkimg Puctures TV.

You're right though, there ought to be a way found so that those with hearing impairments can enjoy television in the same way as everybody else does.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote