View Single Post
Old 18-07-2022, 10:52   #1712
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
No reason to allow parents to abdicate their responsibilities.I didn't as a parent and teacher.Constantly cutting back on other people's freedoms to express themselves just means that they will find newer and more underhand means to allow their viewpoint out into the world.Better to keep them under observation than hiding away from view.Stop thinking you can nanny the universe.

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

I already know all that.I'm a woman on the internet and I'm more than capable of dealing with all that.I DON'T need protecting.
It's not all about you though, is it? Many people, women included, have been upset to the point of suicide. It cannot continue.

The shenanigans in Parliament may mean that this forthcoming legislation is delayed or amended, but I do not think for a moment that things will be allowed to carry on as they are.

Things change, older people lose touch as their experience & ideas become outdated and are replaced by younger people with modern ideas as a solution to modern problems.

At one time we were the leaders of change and older people were irritated by us, now younger people are doing it to us and we often don't like it.

You can be sure that the people driving forward the changes of today will experience the same thing in years to come.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote