View Single Post
Old 19-03-2022, 14:08   #312
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Since 1.30am last night Ideal World Extra has been having "Technical Difficulties" on Freeview local Mux.
Interestingly the slate has the "local" branding, rather than Ideal World.

Given the happenings at IW recently I wouldn't even be surprised if it doesn't come back, the new owners cutting costs.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

I thought you meant it was a matter of hours. I just saw gianni on Digital Spy's post from this morning that says "the past 24 hours at least".

The cutting costs idea is looking more plausible now. The other channels on the local multiplex are working fine.

If IW Extra does disappear will the local mux reconfigure back to one less channel? Or find a replacement? I can't see the former happen.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

I wouldn't even be surprised if this was further fallout from the sale of Create & Craft, maybe the old IW owners sold the local mux transmission space too before the new IW owners took over, maybe Craft Extra will resurface on a different multiplex? It would explain why Craft Extra is still on the EPG, and the Back Soon EPG info on it (though I was expecting it to reappear on one of those midnight slots).
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote