View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 18:53   #249
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I think COM4, COM5 and COM6 will pick up 5 SD Channels from COM7 from later this year.

SD Channels on COM7:

-FreeSports
-More4+1
-NOW 80s
-PBS America +1
-Forces TV
-That's TV (UK)
-Quest Red+1

So take your pick.

I pick PBS America +1 and Quest Red +1* to be axe.

Quest Red +1 can still be on Freeview if Discovery close Really and move programmes to Quest Red and HGTV. (Quest Red, HGTV and Really broadcast lifestyle programmes)
Quest Red and Really, though going for the same type of demographic, both rate well, and similarly. It would be business sabotage to remove one, it wouldn't double the viewership of the remaining one, or spread those viewership hours without loss onto any other channels its content found itself on. There will be viewers of say Quest Red that dislike Really content and vice versa. Just because they are aimed at the same people doesn't mean they aren't very different and aren't both worth existing. BBC3 and E4 are for same demographic notionally, but their schedules are mostly very different.

Also, TV channels work on the model that a certain proportion of the hours is repeats, broadcasters can't justify the cost of new content all over the schedules. The amount of new content would likely significantly drop. E.g. You may have 20 hours new content a week spread over two channels become 13 hours when the two merge.

Quest+1 ( I know that's not COM7 but that's part of my point) would likely be axed on Freeview before any Really/Quest Red consolidation, the +1 ratings will be much lower than the main channels, especially given how much a permanent Freeview stream costs.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote