View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 13:53   #441
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Over the past five years we've been in our current home, we've never had an issue with VM until recently when some maintenance was being performed.

The maintenance finished and i had huge latency and packet loss on my connection, i thought fair enough, i'll leave it overnight. I wake up in the morning to see another maintenance session to be performed, OK, thinks I....

After this had finished same as before huge latency & massive packet loss.

I then ring VM tech support and get through to an overseas call center who insist that the problem is because my modem is in modem only mode and that it needs to be set back to being a hub. So, i entertain them, reset the hub for good measure and put it into 'normal mode' same issues.

I then get told that it's a known issue and could take up to a week to fix. At which point i ask to speak to a manager, and I'm hung up on.

I ring back, get through to a UK tech support, explain the issue again as no notes had been placed on the call. I advise what i've done, removed my infrastructure, connected Mac directly to hub & also a windows machine for good measure, rebooted, reset hub etc. etc.

I get an appointment for an engineer visit on Monday between 8-12 engineer knocks on the door, tells me hw knows exactly where the fault is, and that because of the maintenance not all the cables had been reconnected properly at the cab, and that my signal is so low he's amazed i was getting any connection at all. fifteen minutes later, all fixed.

So... to summarise

1. VM's overseas tech support is absolutely atrocious
2. VM UK support is reasonable
3. It would appear that VM's maintenance procedures are sloppy (and that's being kind)
4. The actual onsite engineer was really good.