View Single Post
Old 28-02-2013, 19:36   #114
stblaze
Inactive

stblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

heres the real deal u get no fuel card , you will be under sever pressure everyday to get completes if u get an npu e ie u do all the install get to the cab and and ur number is not on eside u then have to try get support on phone could take upto and over an hour to get them then they get u new eside and what do u get for ur trouble 10 pound for that job not the zone rate ur due as its classed as an npu so u could have just spent 2 hrs of ur day doing a full install basically running all the internal cable climbing the pole and installing new drop wire from pole to house then u run to cab using ur own fuel again .then theres the audits ,audits dont just include the actual work they also include the forms filled on tablet miss something and get nailed ie ur dside is ment to be on 200 but come up on 330 and u forget to put that on form thats u just got 5 point defect ,then lets move on to the tools they supply ull get a tdr that wont work none of them will or if they do it wont work for long if ur drill brakes then its off to b&q to buy a new 500 quid drill ,then theres lovely no access u get say five jobs on ur tab two people aint in that two no access what u get for that not a penny its actually cost u money on fuel then u pick up 1 comp and 2 npus so uve basically made 50 quid for that day but drove maybe 80 miles so deduct a 10 for fuel so uve made 40 quid for being out for 8 -10 hours .
what about if u need new batteries for ur tdr (that wont work) or ur toner u phone up the to get new batteries and are told go buy them we dont supply them u can buy them cheap in pound land ,same goes for drill bits need new ones u wont be given any just told go buy some and claim them back of payment company which u will only get the vat back for so ur paying for 80 perecnt of them and tax man pays for rest and quinns laugh all the way to bank ,
then it comes to ur ill and i mean genuiely ill it happens to us all so u phone up to tell then im no well they say really no probs u have a 50 pound fine so its costs u to be unwell
personally i have worked in the comms game my whole life and have never experienced anything like this having to buy ur own consumables fined for being unwell lets say i left not long after starting with quinns and wouldnt touch them with a barge pole and recommend that no one else does unless u wanna pay to make them money while there managers sit in the house and say get the jobs done we dont care if u cut corners but if u do its ur ass on the block
stblaze is offline   Reply With Quote