View Single Post
Old 18-09-2009, 02:21   #268
kbd
Inactive

kbd is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I've never had a reason to complain when I've gotten through to one of the UK based guys - who are technically decent and have a good manner also (considering dealing with the public can be a serious pain in the back side).

I've found about 1-in-4 of the guys in India are ok. The biggest problem they always have is their inflexibility in troubleshooting an issue - always wanting to go through a specific set of questions. However, that is a cultural and training issue that we could discuss for hours !!

Often we might burn 10 minutes going through the basics just to find out there is a known fault in my area. Even when I've explained to them there is a known fault and I'm asking for an update, they still insist on going through the basics before they even check for known faults.

They can send a man to the moon, but VM can't set up a system that alerts it's technicians to a known fault before they burn 10 minutes asking the customer pointless questions.

Maybe the answer is that 10-minutes of Indian Engineers time is cheaper than investing in decent information technology, but they've obviously not factored in how ****ed off the customer gets...... (or maybe they have considering we're all whining and still with VM !!)

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannas View Post
Prior to today I would have said that speaking to
explained that it had been raised to the next level and a national fault had been raised.
Sannas, I came to these boards hoping for some information about this fault that you describe - is there a thread here about it ?

Just thought I would add a heads up - when I enquired about a refund the Engineer said to me that I would be authorised to get one as the outage was over 24 hours.

I asked him if he was telling this to all customers - and he said yes.

I then asked him - if that was the case - why he hadn't told me about the refund until I asked him.... he couldn't explain that one !!!

.. but try asking for a refund on your bill if you can, often the biggest way these kind of issues get sorted (in the long term) is when money gets involved, and the management debate whose budget is going to get cross-charged for the costs incurred.
kbd is offline   Reply With Quote