View Single Post
Old 21-08-2009, 14:41   #266
Sannas
Inactive

Sannas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Prior to today I would have said that speaking to VM technical support was next to useless I found in the past that speaking with these guys was a waste of time as soon as you went slightly technical above please reboot the modem and download a file they really didnt appear to have any knowledge of how these systems work. Yes yes I understand that the first person you speak to is going to be a level 1 cs support person but surely basic knowledge of fibre/switching/network should be applicable at this level.

However that said this was prior to today I actually had an experience of talking to a level 1 support engineer to find OMG shock horror she understood everything I was talking about and actually investigated the situation in a correct manor, explained to me what was going on and also explained that it had been raised to the next level and a national fault had been raised. I came off the phone feeling satisfied that I had been listened too and also strangley happy with our conversation even though my issue hadnt been resolved and will be once they fix it. So a big thumbs up to whoever that woman was at VM she new her job and the first person I spoke to at VM that knew what contention ratio, dark fibre, system bottlenecking and several other things to boot were
Sannas is offline   Reply With Quote