View Single Post
Old 25-05-2008, 14:57   #165
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Last Wednesday my broadband connection kept breaking up, the lights on my modem kept flashing and I noticed that when I had no connection at all, the interactive light on our V+ would flash resulting in loss of VOD..

As the problem was intermittent I decided to see what happened during the rest of the afternoon. By the evening the problem disappeared but next morning the V+ was flashing and I had no BB.

Phoning 151 I took the V+ option. I explained the problem and asked whether the V+ and BB problems could be related. I was informed, in a forceful manner, that there was no possibility that the 2 problems could be related and that the flashing interactive problem was a National one which would be cleared at 10am on 1st June. I asked if there were any checks she could make but she stated that she had no need to do any as she was certain it was part of the National Problem.

I then bit the bullet and called 151 BB. India again. I explained the problem. I confirmed that BB and V+ lights flashed at the same time, the guy tried to reset(?) the modem a couple of times without success and said there was definitely a problem at my end and that it could well be effecting the V+. He arranged a Tech visit for the next day and added that my phone call would 'of course' be refunded.

A nice Tech came next day and found that I had I had no Return path registering(?). After a delve and twiddle in the cab and in my wall box he attached a 'shiny thing' to the wiring inside. My Return path registered as ON and the power level 52dBmV.

BB is OK and as a bonus my VOD, which for months has needed a reboot every day to work, is working great.

Both my calls were dealt with off shore. One was down right rubbish but the other was spot on.