View Single Post
Old 23-05-2008, 18:05   #158
pentode
Inactive

pentode is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Heres my experience-:

Virgin Media Broadband is anything but reliable their customer services being a total waste of time and say this with first hand experience not once, not twice but on several occasions, customer services will try and fob you off as quickly as possible or have you dialling un-necessary premium rate numbers, usually without results.

One classic experience I had was that I was without Internet and phone service and so was a elderly neighbor for a day and half almost, this was after another breakdown a week earlier, “we’ll have to get an engineer down and it’ll be in a couple of days time to check your wiring”, it literally to a bit of anger and frustration to explain that the neighbor was without phone as well and that it was a network fault – being an electronic engineer I had no idea what I was talking about ..!

Another classic was when the phone and Internet was off, again I checked with the elderly neighbour a few doors down, I’d just wasted £7 pound on a mobile phone I’d just topped up and wasn’t pleased; complaining about this I was told… “You should have dialled 150 it’s a free number… “What” I just exploded having more than a bellyful, “don’t ever take me as an idiot”, I screamed, “You tell me how the hell can I use ‘free phone’ when the network is down”? After all I did tell her the phone down the road wasn’t working as well and that it was a network fault?

What prompted me to write this article was my recent complaint to customer services of slow out-going emails twice in about a week … it is usually a waste of time contacting customer services they are ever eager to get you to call a premium rate number where you can be holding on for at least twenty minutes or so, after several complaints and getting nowhere I decided to fill a on-line complaint form in at ISPA Representatives, ‘boy’, did this do the trick problem solved within twenty four hours, but for how long for I wouldn’t like to say..? http://www.ispa.org.uk/cgi-bin/complaints.cgi, my advice do try ringing customer services first, get your facts right, tell the truth and don’t lose your temper you have nothing to pay and nothing to lose, but they do get you wound up by acting dumb...!

davy
pentode is offline   Reply With Quote