View Single Post
Old 27-02-2007, 18:16   #49
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davos119 View Post
A little searching on this forum has lead me to information about codes that need to be entered into the remote to get it to actually control the volume on the TV. I'm still not sure if this is correct? It's fine, but firstly, I don't think it's something I should be having to do myself (surely it should be part of the set up) and secondly, the guy in technical support was clearly fobbing me off, because he didn't have a clue how to resolve the issue.
The remote pairs with the TV, not the box - I've never had the tech's set up the remote as far as volume etc - that's always been down to instructions either with the remote when left with the box (ie blue shark remote with samsung), or on screen help with the V+. I got my info from here. Each brand of TV is different, so codes are different. I personally wouldn't expect them to set up my remote.

As for the rest of your post glad you had such a positive experience. Mine has all been good lately as well.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote