View Single Post
Old 29-05-2021, 14:35   #3
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice
Re: Dropouts and logging oddities...

If anyone was curious, a little update post-new hub!

VM sent a man out within two days(!), so not too shabby. They're fresh out of stock and can't send out any new ones (so an engineer has to visit - they must be chuffed...)

In the engineers opinion the RED light is indeed meant for overheating - But clearly this isn't always the case...

Apparently (just after) 12 midnight is indeed the time the hubs update their software/firmware - So some clarity there!

Other users have apparently complained of the same (locally) and recently, as VM update hubs by area (who knew!) - Anyone up late like myself is going to notice it, especially if it's failing.

If the updates fail, it'll try again on subsequent evenings until it succeeds. As far as the high utilisation goes, that occurred again yesterday at an unusual time, but didn't cause any drops. I'll keep an eye on things and see how it goes. I still suspect the Hub's superpod software for those spikes...

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote