View Single Post
Old 15-04-2024, 18:09   #1
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Roaming cost in USA

So the rest of the family are going to the US in June. Two of them have pay monthly contracts with Tesco Mobile. I've been told (on TM live chat) that the home from home benefits don't apply in the US so you have to pay for roaming as you go and can't use your normal UK allowance. The adviser suggested raising the emergency cap amount to allow for this data (currently on £2.50 - the minimum).
Out of curiosity I looked up the Tesco Mobile roaming charges for the US and had to do a double take. £5 per Megabyte !!!
According to that a Gigabyte of data would cost around £5 grand.
I'm hoping it's a typo and they mean £5 per gig but has any Tesco Mobile user been to the US and if so how did you manage.
I guess they could get a payg sim card or two out there but they really want their existing numbers or a few apps may stop working.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote