View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 16:48   #1524
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Even established authors have been cancelled. Only certain groups are allowed to be "upset" or have people "upset" on their behalf. How far would I get if I drew up a list of things and opinions that I fine offensive, and I reported them to the Police?
J.K. Rowling's book wasn't cancelled as you yourself acknowledge.

Regarding your statement "As opposed to the current system of "I don't like it, so you're not allowed to say it, no matter how true it is" you've not proved this point either.

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Even if that meant the publishers offices being protested by Trans Radical Activists, and twitter pile on to campaign against buying any books published by this company that works with hateful transphobe JK Rowling..........

That's what would happen.

It's only now that she has her fame is she above this, but an author starting out wouldn't be touched.
No one would know an author's views on transgender issues unless that author was extremely well-known and spoke about them. And people protesting against an unknown author's views would get little media coverage so serve little purpose.

Publishers are pretty keen on the freedom of publication. Mein Kampf is still published in English, for example.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote