Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2022, 11:42   #125
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Why does any of this matter?

After all, names are just noises we use to identify each other.

My OH is Polish and although she’s been here 15+ years and speaks English better than many British people I’ve met she still hasn’t got a complete grasp on British customs, nuances etc.

For example she finds it unusual that someone called William may want to be referred to as Bill. It doesn’t bother her in any way, just that they seem like unconnected names to her.

So if someone wants to use an apparently unconnected name or pronoun, WGAS?

On my email signature at work I have “(he/him)” after my name. Virtue signalling? Do me a favour. I do it so anyone I correspond with (in my workplace or externally) who feels unsure about revealing their chosen pronoun (hopefully) will feel a little more open and relaxed whilst dealing with me.

Is there a problem with this?
Nope, that's your choice. Agreeing with it or disagreeing with it is a choice too. If I'd get an email saying he/him then I'd find it a bit weird as in 'a roll my eyes' and with an 'oh one of those types' but that's me. It wouldn't change anything, I treat everyone the same regardless of whatever or whoever they are. Is that wrong?

Last edited by peanut; 22-08-2022 at 11:46.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote