Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2022, 18:35   #82
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
Specifically on the point of toilets, i'm probably missing something but I don't know why more places don't just have a load of rooms with self-contained toilet/sink (and actual rooms, too, not cubicles) accessible off a central / open atrium/corridor area, which are entirely gender-neutral and anyone can use them? I don't really like the idea of urinals anyway and it'd mean it didn't matter who used the toilet, and you wouldn't get say for example blokes having to queue to use 1 toilet when the ladies have 2 or 3 as they don't have urinals, or vice versa.
IMHO its down to how and why men and women use the toilets........

Men going to the toilet its business like, go in do your business, wash your hands out you go.

Women going to the toilet can be more social and more involved. For instance when on a night out even amongst a mixed sex group of friends the women will go to the toilet together (men don't), they chat, touch up their make up and other girly things. But its also more involved for women, depending on that time of the month and also what other personal care needs they have. A lot of women when using private areas like toilets or changing rooms feel very exposed and vulnerable, if a man were to be present even more so.

I don't think gender neutral spaces are the answer, why should single sex spaces bet gotten rid of to appease a minority? I'm all for creating additional spaces that are gender neutral, but not in place of what already should be there i.e. men and women's toilets along with a disabled space.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote