View Single Post
Old 23-10-2006, 17:27   #1
murkiespoons
Inactive

murkiespoons is an unknown quantity at this point
Upgrade from Sky + Multiroom to Sky HD

I currently have sky + with multiroom, second box upstairs which is normal. So, quad lmb with double cable to downstairs sky+, and single cable to upstairs box.

I subscribe to sky movies, and few others in a package, and pay an extra £10 a month i think for multiroom.

I want to upgrade to sky HD, but i have a couple of queries...

Is it possible for me to swap the existing two boxes i have, as long as i run an additional cable from the lmb to the sky+ upstairs, leaving me with a spare cable downstairs, and then get the box downstiars upgraded from normal box to sky HD ( which i believe has the same functionality as sky + ? )

If this is possible, what would i get out of the new system ?

Could i record upstairs on the old sky +, but only on one line ? ( ie, not two channels at once, but everything else, record, rewind, pause live tv etc )

Secondly, can anyone advise me how much HD from sky costs ?

I tried to work it out from there website, but it appears you have to work out what channels you want, if you want sky +, hd, multiroom, factor in the average distance of earth from the moon today, multiply all that by your shoe size, and then add on a random number sky have just thought of

Any advice welcome
murkiespoons is offline   Reply With Quote