View Single Post
Old 16-06-2023, 02:31   #624
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Here is some Freeview information base on RAW information given to me by a Media Boy UK Source.

*Arqiva will have NEW capacity to use after a multiplex upgrade at also set to happen later this year (Not one that free right now on SDN or COM6 - one of them will soon be use by Wild Earth).

*Arqiva has signed broadcasting deal with yet unknown numbers of broadcasters for TWO HD Channels to launch FROM November 2023 in new capacity to come online later this year.
At the moment, only BBC B is configured for HD on Freeview. If Arqiva plans to add HD channels on Freeview, they will need to concert one of their multiplexes to DVB-T2. To invest in such an upgrade, they would need to be certain that the multiplex has a guaranteed future. However, the proposed COM licence extensions come with an option to revoke the licence after 2030 if the frequencies are needed elsewhere. I doubt that Arqiva would make a significant investment with such uncertainty, even though their new backers are keen to keep Freeview running well beyond 2030.

---------- Post added at 02:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Still nothing done to fix the HbbTV channels displaying as "This service is currently unavailable".
I forgot to mention that these services were restored early in June.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote