Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2022, 16:03   #4
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Honestly I think a lot of it is undiagnosed mental illness.
I think a lot of it is attention seeking and/or wanting to belong to a group that is different from the norm and this is one thing that grabbed on to. I mean now someone who might have been bisexual before might now claim to be non-binary pansexual instead as they think it sounds so much cooler.

We might differ in opinion as I do believe some people genuinely feel they are in the wrong body and I fully support those. I mean part of it is just balances of certain chemicals which determine what gender we are and the amount can vary from person to person. I do think the genuine cases are a very small percentage though.

If someone wants to dress as a woman because they like womens clothes, all the power to them. But changing their pronouns on a whim?

in the current situation, even though I am a male with a male name and face hair, I can claim I am non-binary or that I want to identify as a female today. I don't want to shave or change my name or have my gonads removed, I am just she/her today and you have to accept that or you are a bigot. I might choose to identify as a male again tomorrow if I feel like it. That is the crazy situation we are in at the moment.

But the pronouns in signatures and profiles is just virtue signalling IMO but its spreading where some businesses request employees to add it to their email correspondence now
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote