View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 18:04   #56
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Where can I get a Wii before Jan 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT View Post
I don't want to be a party-pooper here but I'm wondering how long the 'novelty' will last with the Wii (as in the motion control) ? I'm a Ninty fan, especially the Zelda series and would love to play the new game but I'm just not so sure about the Wii console to be honest, seems more of a fad at the moment.
The control is also very good at playing other games, you forget about the montion sensing as a new feature and it becomes secound nature. Its very natural. Zelda you have the controls pointing off screen and using them without thinking much like you do with normal controls. The fact the control is spilt with the numchuck in one hand means you can keep your hands quite far apart.

It makes for a fun way to play when the motion is needed but also a more natual and comfy way to play when your not using motion.

Its not a noverty, it plays normal, long, serious games with better controls than the GC.

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Quote:
I'm not so much worried about the Wiimote being just a fad, as there are loads of games for which it should lend itself really well. If anything, I think the cut-down graphics capabilities might eventually be its downfall. Although I always prefer gameplay over graphics, I'm not sure if the lack of HD-quality graphics might be its downfall in a couple of years when LCDs & plasmas are more common. Saying that, the Wii has proven so popular in my family amongst those who couldn't normally care less about gaming that the lack of HD-graphics won't even cross their minds.
The DS is low powered compared to the DS and does well. I do not think the graphics will be a problem as it plays different games and will find a market among people not playing games (like you, my whole family played the wii and enjoyed it. Some of them are quite odd and never even looked at games before). Also as a secound console. I will be getting a 360 alongside this to play those kind of high graphic games.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote