Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2021, 13:35   #7
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Climate Change - sea level rises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I seem to recall that there was a mini-ice age a few centuries ago. That certainly wasn’t the fault of man. The climate is quite capable of sudden changes, but fortunately it doesn’t happen as a regular occurrence.
Quote:
The Little Ice Age was a period from about 1300 to 1870 when Europe and North America experienced much colder winters than we do today. Paintings from the Little Ice Age show us what it was like.

There were two phases, the first of which ran from about 1300 to 1500. Then came a slightly warmer period in the 1500s, followed by the second phase when climate deteriorated substantially.
https://fiveminutehistory.com/20-ama...ittle-ice-age/

Just as an aside. The 11th painting "Breaking the Ice by George Morland, 1792" in the above article has been a favourite one of mine for a long time.