View Single Post
Old 20-02-2024, 09:17   #1
Kris_A
cf.member

Kris_A is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Sky Wi-Fi Max Router (SR213) vs Sky Q Hub (SR203)

Hello All, I'm new to this forum, so I apologise if this question(s) has already been posted. A few weeks ago, I decided to upgrade my Sky Broadband to Sky Wi-Fi Max (which offered a new router as part of the deal - I believe this is the SR213 model), which replaced my Sky Q Hub (SR203) - which I have to say was solid as a rock when it came to connected wireless devices. The moment I installed the new Sky router, I had nothing but issues with devices dropping (or not connecting, even though the SSIDs were visible). I contacted Sky, who after completing the compulsory line test (which was kind of pointless as this is an internal network issue), sent me a Sky Pod (which according to the instructions should just work out of the box), it doesn't, all I get is a flashing white LED (I had even left it powered up next to my router for over 60 minutes, no change). I am starting to feel that moving over to the new hardware, was a bad idea. Sky have arranged for an engineer to visit, but unless I have a faulty router, I don't see what else he can do. The only thought I have, is that I have a fair few IOT devices, that although worked perfectly fine on the old hardware, may struggle on the new kit (??)

If they cannot get it working as before, I may have to pull the contract (easier said than done). Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kris

(IT Network Engineer for 15 Years)
Kris_A is offline   Reply With Quote