View Single Post
Old 14-11-2018, 18:12   #393
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
What if I don't want that though?

What if I, as someone you class as 'vulnerable' due to my mental disabilities don't want to be treated any differently?
When I say "vulnerable" i'm referring to the descriptor used in (amongst other things) this initiative, as opposed to my opinion of you.

You don't have to disclose your disabilities to most people if you don't wish to and could certainly ask that any issues caused as a result of the affects of your disabilities is not taken into account or that provision is not made to take account of them.

Normally, the underlying reason to wanting to do this is because (like everybody else), disabled people have their pride and resent being thought of as less able than others or being treated any differently. The fact remains, however, that they are disabled and this will give rise to various issues during life. I've always found it best to just be completely honest.

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, it's the plan you are advocating, but you haven't addressed the question which is fundamental to that plan.

So you want certain groups of people to be protected from comments that most of us will not be protected from. The elephant in your room is that unless those minority groups are labelled, we won't know who we have to treat more carefully than those people that we speak to in a normal way. We can't be expected to treat some people more gently if we don't know who they are.

For that reason, it won't work as you have described it, but the whole thing stinks anyway, so it will not come about.
You're concerns have been fully addressed in a previous response.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 14-11-2018 at 18:16.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote