View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 08:55   #1298
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

The thing that concerns me is that unless people scream from the rooftops that they have a disability, nobody on a discussion forum will be aware of that disability. Or their race, or even their gender.

As a matter of interest, there are a number of regular posters on this forum that are in protected categories, and I only know that through the odd casual comment about it over a long period of time.

If someone is going to complain about a post someone makes, would the complainant not have to prove intent to discriminate? Of course, there will always be complaints from people offended on behalf of others.

I do empathise with vulnerable people - their lives can be a misery when people gang up on them because they tease or bully them due to that vulnerability. But any measures introduced need to be proportionate and balanced. I'm not sure that the Online Safety Bill does that.