View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 14:54   #1875
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Why should Putins family be denied to voice their opinion online?

As much as I am against the idea of online identities, I really do think within 30 or 40 years such a system will be in place where you can't get on the internet without something to say who you are. Be it a government page login with all data going through them once you have logged in with some biometric built in to all new devices or a unique hardware device.

Even then it won't help because criminals, trolls, world leaders will still have ways to get anonymously using stolen devices which would trace back to the wrong person or other backdoors.

All it will do will make mass surveillance even easier than it already is.

People can fake identities quite easily and crime forums do and will sell fake identities setup to look kosha by using bots to make random posts across multiple platforms so the ID looks legit.

So again the police will be spending their time on all the low hanging fruit of people who say stupid stuff online because they can match up names easier instead of catching criminals that matter like those that commit robberies. Cybercriminals won't be affected either.

I have never used my real name or date of birth on any site I have signed up for except Online banking and Amazon type sites. Every site gets a different D.O.B and different email addresses. Even if a site wants a postcode to find something near me I have a list of postcodes to use for surrounding areas and don't re-use them. For one, so many sites and advertising on sites want some of that information to compile together about you and collate with bigger datasets which everyone and their dog can buy, so its good security to do this among other things.
Having a good understanding of DNS/browser/cookie/User agent/background services contacting update servers etc is also needed to avoid some of this stuff which most don't have so its fairly trivial for so many people, including the police to trace people as it is without forced real names behind logins which will just get hacked.

Last edited by Qtx; 06-08-2022 at 15:04.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote