View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 14:45   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness discussion

I thought I would start a separate thread for a discussion about this film so as to avoid spamming the "rate the last movie you saw" thread and having to put everything in spoiler tags.

The thing which I love about Marvel movies is how grounded and natural they feel. Instead of introducing a new uber bad guy in this film they continued the story from the shared universe and expanded on Wanda's pain and where we left her in Wandavision. I loved that twist because I didn't get that from the trailer at all.

I thought the film was "good" up and till the midway point at then it went up a notch for me. You have to laugh at Marvel willy waving and they obviously wanted to take advantage and play with their acquisition of Fox asap and who wouldn't? The introduction of Mr Fantastic was great, I thought seeing Agent Carter as Captain America was a lovely touch but the thing which really moved me and meant a lot was seeing Professor Xavier, what a treat. I love the original X-men films and to get him to come back in this film just shows once again how much Marvel care about quality and the tone and feel of their films. They knew how much this would mean to everyone.

The Illuminati were interesting and a pseudo-Avengers. I am glad they didn't call them the "Avengers" of the alternate reality because they all went down in 5 minutes which doesn't bode well
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote