Thread: Home WiFi woes
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 16:55   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Home WiFi woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
Yes.

Once you have connected one to your router you can add anywhere on the mains socket. (Provided your wiring is up to it).

We have one by the TV as well as a couple of wifi points, the last one was added when we got some outside furniture to boost the range outside (and is just on the other side of the back wall). Anywhere where you need a better connection than wifi, or just better wifi, has powerline adapters.

I have these which do a good job - though ended up with a v4 and a v5, the latter seems to need fewer reboots.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-netw...ne/tl-wpa4220/
Coolio … I’m looking at the kit version of that, with one master and two extenders - if I’m going for this I might as well try to deal with the shoddy reception in one of our other rooms while I’m at it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote