Thread: Home WiFi woes
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 17:42   #7
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Home WiFi woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If I bought 2 power line adapters and put one by the router and one by the tv could I connect to both via Ethernet? Hardwiring the TV is a very attractive proposition as it is a bit flaky at remembering WiFi networks.
Yes.

Once you have connected one to your router you can add anywhere on the mains socket. (Provided your wiring is up to it).

We have one by the TV as well as a couple of wifi points, the last one was added when we got some outside furniture to boost the range outside (and is just on the other side of the back wall). Anywhere where you need a better connection than wifi, or just better wifi, has powerline adapters.

I have these which do a good job - though ended up with a v4 and a v5, the latter seems to need fewer reboots.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-netw...ne/tl-wpa4220/

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote