View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 18:47   #60
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Except Disney would have been funding 50% of the finance and marketing costs as well.
they didn't. You can read all the info here. I would have copied and pasted but every time you scroll to the bottom of the page a ****ing video loads and there isn't anything you can do about it. It even does it on my phone and it really pisses me off.

Quote:
Producer Amy Pascal, who at the time was the head of Sony Pictures, was able to strike an unprecedented deal with Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige to share the character of Spider-Man. After lengthy discussions, they agreed to move ahead with a new reboot, although this time things would be different. Spider-Man: Homecoming is still financed and distributed by Sony Pictures (i.e. they pay for 100% of it), and Sony gets the box office, but Marvel Studios produced the film and served as the “creative lead.” That means Feige and the Marvel Studios braintrust helped pick the director and cast, helped craft the film’s tone and style, and made sure to bring something fresh and new to character that audiences are already very familiar with. In short, they made a Marvel Studios Spider-Man movie.

So what does Marvel Studios get in return out of this deal? Besides getting to play with a toy they’ve been eyeing for a very long time now, they get to use Tom Holland’s Peter Parker in a set number of MCU movies (five in total, per this initial agreement, including Homecoming and its sequel). That means that Spider-Man: Homecoming takes place within the same Marvel Cinematic Universe as Doctor Strange and Iron Man, and Holland’s Peter Parker—after making his debut in Captain America: Civil War—is appearing alongside folks like Tony Stark and Black Widow in Avengers: Infinity War and the untitled Avengers 4.

While Marvel Studios only gets 5% of the first dollar box office gross from Spider-Man: Homecoming and its sequel, they do still own the merchandising rights to Spider-Man. Moreover, ensuring Spider-Man: Homecoming is a good movie helps the MCU brand—if folks like this Peter Parker, they’re going to want to see him in Infinity War and whatever other MCU movies he's in.

Last edited by General Maximus; 26-08-2019 at 18:51.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote