View Single Post
Old 19-10-2013, 20:12   #3716
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Had the Sky Sports plus HD package a couple years back, was about £35 if I remember correctly.

Now we have BT Sports & ESPN free with TV XL and we use my partners mum's Sky Go login to watch any games via the laptop on the TV but not in HD obviously.

Can't justify paying what Sky/VM ask for Sports packages, it's a bit much at the moment.
i agree

i used to have sky sports/movies (HD) on VM- i was paying over £110pm for my full package which at over £1300 a year for tv/tel &bb was getting a bit ridiculous.

got rid of the sky sports and movies-and downgraded other bits too- almost halved my bill. I had watched most of the films and as has already been said you dont get all the sports in HD anyway. If anyone from Sky reads this the fact you withhold stuff like Sky Sports F1, 3 and 4 in HD and Sky Atlantic from VM still doesnt make me want to bring my business to you!

I am ok to settle with the ESPN/BT bundle at no extra cost on my current pack and also have a relative from whom i can access Sky Go and watch Sky Sports that way (they dont have movies though). Though tbh whilst watching Sky Sports is nice theres really only Man City or Celtic game and NFL game i watch

i could probably live without it - i dont think my life would over- and certainly have no immediate plans to subscribe again at the current prices.

i was toying with the idea of occasionally getting Sky Sports & Movies for a month or two at a time- watch the films i want then cancel. But now with the imminent arrival of Netflix (and who knows Lovefilm) they might be a more cost effective option- ok you might have to wait a bit longer for the premieres but hardly the end of the world.

it would be interesting to know what the impact of the last couple of years recession has done to premium content subscriptions- i imagine many have also downgraded. This and the emergence of other streaming services may force Sky (and VM) to look again at their pricing rather just announce increase after increase- well you can hope cant you
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote