View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 12:25   #236
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Cable Forum Vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well, I dont know anyone who gets younger

Ive been here for 31% of my entire life
Yes, what i meant is that we don't seem to have had many younger people sign up over time, which is a bit odd - so the regulars have just got older. In fact the "kids" we did have around 5-6 years back seem to have disappeared too. It's odd because you'd normally expect newer people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I joined in 2007. Doesn't time fly.
Yeah it does, 2007 still seems like not long ago but it's 14 years now.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Firstly not all mutations -> more virulent/infectious/dangerous.

As the population is exposed to variants it will build up a more generalised immunity.
This is what people like Hugh Osmond (who is qualified in medicine) are saying about vaccine passports and specifically vaccine immunity as opposed to natural immunity. (And given that double jabbed people are still getting it, it seems to be true)

It seems that getting a spike protein into someone is great when that spike protein exactly is what you're looking for, but of course we know that the variants have differences in the spike protein, making the specific immunity less easy to recognise it, and that the immune system can recognise other parts of the whole virus which is why natural immunity seems to be better.

Of course you could modify the mRNA or viral vector vaccines to have the spike protein of Delta but presumably this would take at least time to make and modify production by which point the situation may have changed.