View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 21:38   #14
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Liberty Global in talks to merge Virgin Media with O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
As you say, VM was bought in 2013 for £15bn some seven years ago. A lot can happen in seven days let alone seven years but I too am surprised to see it valued at less than O2. Per the Bloomberg article, New Street Research has valued O2 UK at £12.6bn ($15.8bn).

The Daily Telegraph says we should know more of the details on Wednesday so there could be a bit more to the transaction than what has been reported to date. For example, is it possible that Virgin Mobile may not be included due to potential competition issues? An O2 UK-VM combination will take their combined mobile market share above 29% which normally triggers an enquiry by the UK competition authorities. Perhaps Liberty Global may sell the VM mobile customer base separately to another provider like Three?
All kinds of variables there.

I don’t think there will be a competition issue. You would still have 4no. Network operators. I’m not including MVNOs.

This will be interesting, I suppose we’ll just have to wait until Wed.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Some further analysis

https://www.graystonestrategy.com/vi...iew-on-things/