View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 19:16   #1922
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Good, no one should be spying on my conversations, or yours, or anyone elses.
It's a difficult balancing act to get right between the privacy of the individual and measures to protect children from harm by predators.

I do have sympathy for the point made by Jaymoss in that Governments like to use emotive issues like paedophilia, terrorism etc in order to justify snooping into our lives. I doubt that they would routinely snoop on us all, just those suspected of or accused of inappropriately contacting vulnerable members of society.

Having said that, didn't it come out that more detailed records had been kept about our online activity?

IIRC they said that they were only recording dates/times etc of online/phone activity, but had actually been keeping records of phone conversations, emails etc. I could be wrong though as my memory is failing. Does anyone remember this?

I suppose the best thing to do is to assume that any posts, texts, conversations etc will be recorded and may be used against you in the future.

This could be the reason why the authorities dislike end to end encryption, though you'd think that they'd be able to circumvent this. I have read that they can circumvent password protection, maybe encryption is more secure? I really don't know.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 01-10-2022 at 19:21. Reason: Spelling. Fac RCO.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote