View Single Post
Old 29-07-2022, 15:18   #1860
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Thing is, if I tell people around me that I find it offensive they should take note of my request.
Its certainly good manners to keep in minds peoples expressed sensitivities to some things but at the same time some people feel they should not have to change what they say because one person in a room of 20 might get offended by it. Obviously in a church hall those stats can be flipped on their head but otherwise

Not to mention some people have said phrases for years and its habit to say it so its not so simple to stop saying something like 'jesus christ' in those similar situations for example. As an example, some people who swear a lot often will swear in front of children by accident even though they don't intend to.

The problem is, pretty much any sentence ever typed, someone somewhere will take offence at it, no matter how benign. If we always restrict stuff based on everyones view on something, social media would be a boring circle jerk bubble of everyone pretending to be the same and others not participating because they feel they cannot express an alternative view.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The owners [and staff] of this site have have been trolled by many idiots over the years.
We ban them, and move on. We certainly dont need new draconian laws to deal with them.
Banning the people on the site Richard mentioned sounds like what he should have done if this was indeed continued harassment by some members rather than say constructive criticism. but I guess it depends on the site owner how strict they are...

Banning doesn't always work as intended. Sometimes there are better ways to deal with things.

Sometimes site owners and staff troll members themselves....
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote