View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 14:17   #1151
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshep View Post
Richard you forgot a rather large group of disabled people of which I'm one and know many more who are not defined by our disability and work everyday to overcome the limitations it puts on us. You create more trouble for disabled people then you realise or would accept with your confrontational approach that has you as some champion of disabled people more knowing then others. If a person is stalked, harassed, abused or mistreated on the internet there are already criminal laws to deal with them and the new proposals will not give the safety you think.

This proposed legislation will not I repeat WILL NOT end ignorance and hatred of disabled people it will drive it into groups of like minded people who will constantly reinforce the ignorance and hatred without any chance for them to be challenged or opposed by others it will compound the problem. When you create echo chambers you increase the possibility of escalation to physical violence because no opposing view is seen or heard. You cannot legislate away every problem that comes from personal interaction be it offline or online but you can end up a very lonely and bitter person if you try.

As a disabled person whose suffered from ignorance and hate in the past I do not support this proposal and I made that clear when I was able as did many other disabled people, don't talk as though your our representative because your not.