View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 13:32   #5884
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

The ****wit who installed our kitchen a couple of years back.

A few years ago, we needed a new kitchen. We bought one from Ikea, and as we'd had a handyman who was apparently qualified to fit kitchens, and he'd proved to be quite reliable, I didn't bother going through Ikea to fit it.

We picked up the kitchen, and took it home. There was enough boxes that it filled our handyman's Transit.

Months later, and after a lot of chasing, we managed to get him back to fit the kitchen. This went on for months, and we eventually got to the point where we had a sort of workable kitchen. He'd completed the cabinets, cooker and sink, just needed to finish the cabinets, put some tiles up and paint. At that point, he started not bothering to turn up, so we eventually kicked him off the job and got another company in to complete it. They did a good job, generally, even fixing a couple of problems he left.

Then, a couple of months ago, the cabinet holding the oven and the cabinet next to it started to sink. I investigated and found he'd only put a leg on the oven cabinet, not the other cabinet and he'd just bolted them together. Ikea require that you put legs on BOTH cabinets, and bolt them together. I put the missing leg in, and it looks like the ****er has damaged the bases of BOTH cabinets. I've now got to look at getting someone in to fix the cabinets. If one of the cabinets didn't happen to have a gas oven and hob in it, I'd be happy to repair both..

Just wishing I'd gone with getting Ikea to fit the kitchen now. Even though that would have cost a lot, and would likely have had other problem, at least it would have been fitted properly.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote