Thread: TV licence fee
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 10:20   #47
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: BBC licence fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Mr K, you completely missed the point. You pay your utility bills because you have used the services provided. You don't have to pay a gas bill if you have not used any gas.

The BBC is not an emergency service, it is an entertainment service. As I said before, the news and other 'public service' elements of its broadcasting could be separately funded by the government.
Read the BBC's Public Purpose - it's not entertainment. And we all have to pay for services we don't use.

I fear your opinion has been formed from assumptions in place of very basic research. I also fear you won't alter your mind even when your assumptions are shown to be false.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote