View Single Post
Old 26-12-2012, 11:27   #8
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: 'Server not found'

That's why I ask how you or the OP are connected. Modem mode? In which case you can set your own DNS into the router (I use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4); Router mode? In which case yoy are forced to VM's DNS.

Also you can override DNS via the TCP/IP settings in your network connection; you can override DND by making an entry in the HOSRS file (I'll leave you to Google all that).

Cached DNS entries on your PC will let some URLS through. The IPCONFIG command on the CMD window willlet you clear the DNS out and let it start afresh (you can Google IPCONFIG as well).

So information is everything in debugging this sort of problem.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote