Thread: Server Setup
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2004, 17:27   #19
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Re: Server Setup

No offence taken. I know what I am doing as I have setup many smaller networks before but never really used a Server OS like SBS before so I think before we take it any further I will have to setup a test bench. The business already has a network but it's not suitable for what they need now and need everything centralising.

MovedGoalPosts we will be sitting down and discussing some of the points you have made. With regards to anti-virus Sophos will be what we use as I am famillar with that, used it many a time. As for workstations each one will be wiped and setup individually, I know it will take time but I know we can get it right.

I think that the main thing is the configuration of everything. They do not mind if most of the network is down for a week or two as its not heavily used, as long as there are 5 ish machines that can be used for word, excel they are not bothered as they are only just starting to use e-mail so its not really a problem.

Once we get a list of what we need and anything that I need help with I will come here.