View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 15:22   #22
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: What have you fixed lately?

At work: Loads of things..

Because of the amount of computers we use, we have special deployment systems to install OSes and Software on them.

My responsibility is the Macintoshes we have. I won't go into details, but one of the packages I am responsible for is Autodesk Maya. This would install via the system but would not activate with our licence server. Tried everything I could. I eventually found that it needed to be "registered" on the system it was running on, and the program used for "registration" was actually being run in a script that was running before the program was installed. Not sure how that happened, but I flipped it around and Maya works now.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote