View Single Post
Old 19-11-2022, 22:40   #55
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Chancellor delivers plan for stability, growth and public services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
While I don’t agree with much of the take, I do agree the BoE were intervening in a manner to maintain economic orthodoxy. It was undoubtedly backing that the Government would back down before it did.
I just think there could have been another way, we could have had another outcome other than the shit sandwich we have just been served by Jeremy Chunt (silent H).

Truss wasn’t the answer, but neither did anyone ask for Sunak, at least Truss was put in place by some kind of democratic process (albeit by a minority of the population). Sunak was appointed, by those who know best.

The problem for me is, in 96 (or 95 I can’t remember) Labour was a proper alternative. I believed they were credible.

But even with the complete and utter firesale that is the Tory party, who I dislike. I would rather hold my nose and vote for those knobheads than Labour.

Labour offer nothing