View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 15:56   #1
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
FOUR Tory MPs have thrown in the towel

Nadine Dorries standing down as MP with immediate effect
In a tweet moments ago, Nadine Dorries wrote: "I have today informed the chief whip that I am standing down as the MP for Mid Bedfordshire, with immediate effect.

"It has been an honour to serve as the MP for such a wonderful constituency but it is now time for someone younger to take the reins."

This will trigger a by-election in her Mid Bedfordshire constituency.

Nadine Dorries has served in parliament since 2005, and has served in government since 2019 when Boris Johnson took office.

She was promoted to the Cabinet in September 2021, serving Culture Secretary until Mr Johnson left Downing Street in September 2022.

Her standing down as MP means that a by-election will now take place in her constituency.

At the 2019 general election, she won 59.8% of the vote, or a majority of 24,664, meaning it was a relatively safe Conservative seat.

However, with Tory party currently struggling in the polls, opposition parties will no doubt fight hard to take that seat.

https://news.sky.com/story/politics-...-blob-12593360

dont let the door hit you on way out Nadine
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote