View Single Post
Old 29-05-2023, 08:52   #5143
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You should go to Cologne/Bonn. Non-EU arrivals taking longer, once the EU arrivals off my flight had been cleared they told us we could use those desks too. Questioned on purpose of visit, where staying etc.

On the way back the two UK flights both flew from the very last gate (82) of the most remote terminal despite there being about 4 departures all evening from terminal C.

Riga airport asking for proof of a hotel reservation and purpose of visit when I was there at Christmas.

Fuerteventura had all their Jet2 arrivals queuing to go through two desks but basically waved through once you got there.

I can’t remember anything out of the ordinary from Budapest or Berlin, but anecdotally a mixed bag.
I think it goes to shows that it’s variable.

We had four trips away last year (none this year so far because of poorly doggie) - Larnaca twice (for TRNC), where the first time it was separate queues, second time because the U.K. queue was so big compared to the EU queue they just moved Brits to the EU queue, Dubrovnik when the EU queue had gone they just let the Brits use the EU booths, and Faro they let everyone use any queues.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 29-05-2023 at 08:57.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote