View Single Post
Old 26-03-2023, 14:07   #21
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Council Tax - How much was your % increase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Who empties your bins, checks the cleanliness behind the scenes of the local supermarket or takeaway, looks in to what's happening to that withdrawn looking child down the road who's parents are always shouting at them, makes sure the petrol station is actually pumping the amount of fuel you're paying for etc. I could go on but if the council stopped the services you don't realise you pay for you'd probably one of the first to complain.

I remember many years ago when I worked for a different local authority, a chap complained regularly about the road gully not being cleaned often enough. The lady who managed street cleansing arranged for the gully to be swept and the drain cleaned monthly at the start of the shift at 7am. He then complained that he was being woken, but he never complained about the service (or lack of) after that.

Anyway, to sum up you may think it's a waste of money but you'd miss the functions you take for granted if they suddenly weren't there.
1) I pay for biffa to do that. 2) don't use takeaways so really don't care. 3) I doubt that Tesco fiddles the pump (or is a rubbish dump. the one I use you can clearly see all around ) and I have a good idea how much fuel I need . Add to that I don't use school, library , leisure centre . So generously I pay for other people's services