View Single Post
Old 18-01-2023, 12:13   #1
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Important: Your phone service is changing

I just had this email:

Quote:
On 13 April your current home phone service will stop working and be switched over to our fibre network. We will send you an adapter in the post which you’ll need to use to connect your home phone to your WiFi Hub so you can make and receive phone calls over our fibre network.
What you need to do
Keep an eye out for the adapter. It'll come with simple step-by-step instructions to help you get it set up. You’ll need to do this on or after 13 April.
Do you have any connected devices?
In the unlikely event there’s a power cut or a fibre network disruption, you won’t be able to make or receive calls and most connected devices (such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, a telecare device, or other phones connected to extension sockets) will be affected.
You’ll also need to contact your device provider and let them know about the switch to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
I'm on modem mode, how am I supposed to connect my adaptor when only 1 port is usable (and it's connected to my mesh) or can I connect the adaptor to a spare ethernet port on another mesh unit? (is the adapter ethernet?)

Or does this mean bye bye landline - bit concerned.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote